Re: RC: GERA Classic (sketchy results)

In a message dated 8/27/00 7:46:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rides2far@juno.com writes:

<< Nina Gibson wins the bad luck award, twice. She was running about 3rd
 with Goat and he wasn't padded. Pretty incredible on that trail. As she
 passed a mule that was in the 25 it nailed her on the shin really bad.
 Then she came in camp and they were trotting Goat out. He went about 10
 yards perfectly, then hit a partially submerged rock in the vet check and
 came up dead lame. >>

Actually, I got kicked on the second loop.  After completing the third, is
when Goat hit that rock.  Even the vet said "now that's a bitch".  Goat has
real tough feet and the rock on the trial didn't bother him.  But the one in
the vet check did!   When Dr. Marcella did the Thermography on him, the hot
spot was the outside of his left front hoof wall.  About where he hit the
rock.  I also had Dr. Marcella scan me!  All he could tell me was that I had
good blood flow below the injury.  Which was real pretty, I have one calf
that looks like Samm Bartee's!  I think that mule nailed me with both feet.

Nina (I now hate mules!)