USA Team

  To clear up another point re: Jan Worthington riding a different horse
than she nominated on.  Jan W. and Grace Ramsey bought Brown R Timothy and 2
other Brown Ranch horses many years ago when they were young and barely
handled.  Jan broke and trained Timmie.  She started him on CTR moving up to
endurance and 100 milers.  Eventually she sold the horse to Valerie.  I
don't know that Valerie rode him much as she has many horses to ride.  Wendy
Mattingly won the OD on him this year.
  The horse Jan nominated on was also in France to be ridden by someone from
another country.  I don't believe Jan owns that horse, a sheik does.  It was
probably still available for her to ride.  I guess the team vets and chef
studied the 2 horses and decided that Timmie was more ready at that time
than GMF Musca Song. So in the long run, Timmie will be ridden by the person
who really knows him best, Jan, the one who broke and trined him in the
sport.
Roberta Harms