Re: Horses 16 hands and over doing endurance

Hi Jim
Val sold him to a dressage trainer. I told her when she bought him that
he had a bad experience at the race track (shot full of steroids-- had
leg cramps down the home stretch at least 3 times that I heard of from
potassium depletion; Dr. Moag said that the horse had terrific heart---
any other horse would have refused to keep going) and Val needed to do
one-on-one with him. She is a busy lady and had others ride him--  found
that I was right. Had Kristen ride him and he did very well. But then,
Val couldn't ride him--- hadn't put in the time--- hence the sale. I
understand the new owner adores him. He may be out of the endurance
arena, but he is happy and that is all that really counts to me!<BG>
But, he does prove the point that you can be tall and be incredible
(just don't go to a race trainer who feels he can improve performance
with steroids (and he broke his maiden by 7 1/2 lengths--- what did they
want!???) Wish he'd had Tom-- you would have known what to do with that
athlete, Tom.(sigh)
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov