From: Karen Webb [mailto:kwebb@GSSB.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 8:50 AM
To: 'ridecamp@endurance.net'
Subject: RC: Horses 16 hands and over doing endurance

Okay folks, I posted a query yesterday about doing endurance on tall
half-Arabians.  By tall, I mean 16 hands and over.  I only got one
reply.
Surely I can get more input than that?  Don't any of you have some big
horses?  And what I want to know is do they do well?  I noted that a
16.2
hand half Arabian came in 65th at Tevis and Ruby, the 17 hand molly
Mule,
came in Top Ten.  Am just wondering if height is a drawback, especially
when
it comes to P&R's, since you would collaterally have more mass; or it
could
be a plus especially for a taller rider.  Since the two mares I have are
both half-Thoroughbred, when crossed with my Arabian stallion, that
would
hopefully produce a tall half Arabian with increased bone and good
stamina?
Any thoughts.

-Karen Webb
Epiphany Arabians
Palmetto, GA

IMPORTANT\CONFIDENTIAL: This message contains information from the law
firm
Goldner, Sommers, Scrudder & Bass which may be privileged, confidential,
and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this
message
is not the intended recipient or the employee, or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is
please notify us immediately at our telephone number 770-612-9200.