RC: Small Truck/Brenderup Trailer

My horse gets hauled in a Brenderup on a regular basis. My friend bought
the trailer used, but in great condition. The guy who owned it
previously drove it from Pennsylvania to Colorado 3 times a year.

She bought the Brenderup because her 17h 1400 lb. horse fits easily.
Plus, she can pull it with him and a normal size horse behind her Dodge
Dakots. (No mountains here, but plenty of big Appalacian hills. Truck
does fine.)

None of the horses that have been loaded in and out of this trailer show
any aversion to it (another poster mentioned this and I think in that
instance it was the difference between a walk-in and the slant-load they
were accustomed to). Actually, my horse seems to like being able to see
out the front window and likes the area in front of the chest bar.

The trailer doesn't display any more  "quirks" than a used trailer with
similar mileage. It LOOKS flimsy, but it isn't. We both have tied our
horses to it for camping and nothing budged even when the big guy and my
mare panicked a bit when a loose horse went flying by them.

We always get plenty of questions when we go anywhere and have grown
accustomed to "giving tours." I don't own a trailer yet, but if my
friend goes looking for a 3 horse trailer like she's been mentioning,
I'll be first in line to make her an offer on this one.

Deanna (Ohio)