Ridding with cast on...

I have never ridden with a wrist cast,  however last nov. when I wrecked my
lower leg/ankle bones......I made it 4 weeks actually before I couldn't stand
it anymore and had to "get my fix"  I mounted from the right side....(broke
lt leg/ankle..) have a very forgiving horse............and rode around the
outdoor ring for about 15 mins    untill the foot started to swell and
hurt....got off with help  (we only walked by the way)  my horse was so glad
to see me ..........(it was a non riding, horse related (my stuipidity)  accid
ent)......I felt rejuvinated and didnt ride a lot after that but when I had
to get my fix   the "old Man" was there willing as always to carry me along
Dee