Tall Horses

Although the average endurance horses seem to be around 15hh, at
international events the average appears much taller.  At both Dubai and
Pan Am, I took specific note that many of the horses were taller than
average. I would bet 15.2 is probably close.

I have a 1/2 Arab 1/2 Trakehner cross who is 16.2hh and is also a
dressage and eventing horse.  She loves endurance and Grandpa prefers
her when he is competing with us.  I don't ride her because the huge
gaits that make her a good dressage horse make me very sore in
endurance.  Grandpa is taller and her trot is fine for him--but then he
can "seat a trot" on anything!

Joane and the Herd
Price, Utah