Re: RC: Best maintenance of osteoarthritis in a long distance horse?

In a message dated 8/23/00 11:32:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< The vet said that it's mild at this stage (barely Grade .5 after
 flex test) and that x-rays wouldn't show any unusual changes
 yet (signs I've noticed are "dropping out" behind at the trot,
 and the inability to handle being trailered backwards in a slantload
 like he used to prefer - he "locks up" and can't move his hind leg
 for a few moments while unloading after a long trailer ride). >>

I don't think this is "arthritis in the hock". This sounds like a stifle
problem to me.

ti