RE: Pulling with Small Light Trucks

I really believe the smallest truck that should be used to pull even a 2 horse
trailer is a F-150 (Ford) or equivalent weight vehicle of another manufacture. A
Ford Ranger or Chevy S-10 are just too light for the job.  Check the vehicle
weight to trailer weight in the pulling specs of the owners manual and crunch
out your own numbers.  It will become evident.  I have an all steel Bison
Thoroughsport 7'2",2 horse trailer and it's about all my F-150 4 WD can do (have
to down-shift)to pull it on on steep hills.  The trailer has electric breaks on
all 4 wheels and without them it's a slow controlled drive.  Forgot to readjust
the trailer breaks ONCE (empty then drove to load horse) and thought I was never
going to stop even though I was standing on the truck breaks. Will NEVER forget
that. I also replace the truck breaks every Spring needed or not.  Once again I
think what I have is minimum for towing and anything less is dangerous as far as
pulling horses are concerned.  May be OK for lawnmowers.
begin:vcard
n:Pollock;Don & Linda
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:donp@dcr.net
note:JR- OOH DADDY,  boy them hills are tuff but I love 'um.
adr;quoted-printable:;;Oak Hill Farm=0D=0A1400 Birdie Road;Lawrenceburg;Kentucky;40342;
fn:Don & Linda Pollock & JR n Bay Star
end:vcard