RE; TIE UP

SUZANNE bOYD sboyd1@neo.rr.com
Just a little more info. for you on your horse's lab results. RDW stands for red cell distribution width. It is used to help interpret the MCV result. The MCV represents the mean size of a given red cell population. The RDW reflects the size variation within the population. Most autaomated hematology instruments now provide RDW calculations, but refernce ranges vary from instrument to instrument. I don't know the normal values for horses. Hopefully one of the vets can help you out with that. (BTW<I didn't just make all this up, I'm a hospital lab. technician) Hope this helps some.
Suzanne Boyd
sboyd1@neo.rr.com