Re: Re: endurance driving

> Please send me your hint, tips, etc. for enduring long drives alone.  May
> have to haul my mare 12 hours to the CSU vet clinic this afternoon for

Having just driven 1300 miles in the past few days getting home from
Swanton, I highly recommend lots of Mountain Dew and music you can sing to.
My dogs got inflicted with a never-ending series of Melissa Etheridge, Jim
Croce, Kenny Loggins and Don Henley.  When I got tired of singing, they got
to hear the soundtrack from Last of the Mohicans about a buhzillion times.
Whatever  music floats your boat, just make it loud and something you can
pay attention to, though anything too rowdy gives me a headache after 500
miles.  But I can sing you *all* the words to "Roller Derby Queen" and
"Speedball Tucker".  (Just ask my dogs).<g>

Hope your mare's foot heals up okay.  The surgeons at CSU are great.

Susan G