RE: Misc things and also Animal Rights Activists

Barb Thomas thomas@amgen.com
Loved your post, Angie!!  What was that saying about a little knowledge being dangerous??!!  Seems that animal right's folks are out in force at the Democratic National Convention.  Steel workers in protest had a horse drawn carriage as part of their props.  ARAs decended on the horse, grabbing the bridle to stop it, chanting and protesting that the animal was being held captive and enslaved by humans!!  They said the people choose to be there but the horse does not.  Tell me, were they planning on liberating it on the streets of LA??!!  Oh, maybe that's the problem, it's LA animal rights activists and they've spent too much time in the sun consuming that natural herb!!  If I were the steel workers, I'd find ten carriages for today!  Hope this isn't the wave of the future.  Can't you imagine those guys hanging onto our bridles at a ride start?  Just picture it!!  Barb (also published!!)