Re: Standardbreds in endurance

I had the pleasure of riding with a friend who has been conditioning a SB
mare for endurance earlier this year.  That mare can haul you know what down
the trail.  My friend says that after a while that huge trot with no
variation in the gaits except slower or faster gets tiresome but you
eventually learn to "swish" as she was just moving too darn fast to post!
We had a ball and I would love to try a SB/Arab cross.
Maggie Mieske
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, MI 49657