Re: RC: endurance driving

Drink plenty of your favorite beverage.  For me, having to stop at darn near
every rest area for a potty break keeps me up.  My longest drive ever was a 23
hour trip from Dallas Texas to Richmond Virginia with no stops except for food.
gas and the aforementioned potty breaks.  No problems, but this was just a car
trip, not a horse hauling trip.

As for caffeine (Vivarin or No-Doz), if you chase a couple of caffeine tabs
(200mg total) with canned grapefruit juice, this funky chemical in the juice
extends the effects of the caffeine.  BUT caffeine takes 1-2 HOURS to take
effect (the instant awake of morning coffee is all in your mind), so start
taking caffeine BEFORE you need it.

-Tamara

"Michelle Fink" <michrowe@frontier.net> on 08/16/2000 03:48:55 PM