computers

not endurance related---do computers get tired? Seems like if mine has been on for awhile it starts doing more and more strange things and does everything slower and slower until it finally seizes up completely and I have to turn it off and start over...It's a six-month old Gateway...where can I take it for a tune up?...someplace where they can undo all the mistakes I've programmed into the thing---and also hook up my printer for me---Is there some place like that???a Mr. good wrench of computers???And why does it make these whirling noises when I'm not doing ANYTHING..it's starting to make me nervous!