awards

> Linda Voight took her prettiest endurance ride t-shirts and made them >
into a> spectacular patch work quilt!!You have to be really crafty to do>
that---which is why mine remain all crumpled up in their drawers..

There's a lady in Chattanooga who'll put one together for $75. It's
machine quilted but who cares? I'm going to have one made for each of my
girls from their stack of old softball/basketball uniforms. My problem is
that it takes about 12 T-shirts for a quilt.  If I'll wait a couple of
years I can have 12 of *each* ride.

One of my favorite ride awards is a soft cooler. You can get them at
Sam's. They'll hold water without leaking, can be tossed in a ride
manager's truck, and you can customize them with a paint marker as in
"First LW Longstreet's Charge".  I've won a wide variety of stuff, from a
6 pack of beer (I don't drink) to an ice chest, cooler (horse version)
welded horse shoe door stop, a certificate, jackets, plenty t-shirts,
hat, patch, mug, a Christmas Ornament (nice horsey one from Biltmore) a
pewter plate, you name it. I have a SAMPLE of saddle oil in my trophy
case cause it was a top 10 award. I also have TWO reflectors like go in
the middle of the highway which have nice engraved plates on top that say
"neither fast nor slow, just middle of the road" for coming in perfectly
in the middle of the pack at War Eagle TWICE.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.