Eastern High Sierra Classic Ride

I'm helping to mark this trail this weekend (Bridgeport, CA) a truly
beautiful spot. Camping is in a large meadow with a nice creek (river?)
on the east side.  This trail has a little of everything. It starts out
with a roll over a modest hill into the Hunnewill Ranch then a steep
climb up and over down to Twin Lakes.  At this point the trail is mostly
decomposed granite &  larger rocks.  Then down a wide two lane (hard)
road.  This turns off into the single track trail up to horse tail falls
(winding mountain type trail)  This trail is rocky in various spots.
There is one spot that is ALL rock for a short distance. You cross
several creeks.  After you come back down, the trail along the lake is
rather rocky also. Finally you hit that wide road again & it's smooth
sailing back to camp. After camp it is a combo of single track & jeep
type road (rocks not bad).  So, I know Karen's advice is to easy boot
every time.  I didn't at the last ride we did (Morgan Springs) and guess
what ? stone bruise!  Karen gave me the devil.  Well deserved too.  I
just didn't remember it being that rocky. oh,well.  So to whoever was
asking...it depends on your speed & what you train on.  If you slow down
for rocks, no problem.  If you don't -- then easy boot.    Better safe
than sorry.  I'm sure you won't regret the effort. This is a really
nice, doable ride with lots of good scenery & water, trees & green
grass. Jackie always has lots of help & is a class act.