Dead/Alive -TEVIS RESCUE Part 2

> Horses can and do die on rides - wasn't that a topic of >conversation >
on > this list just a few weeks ago?  Were there emergency rescue >
services > available for that horse?

Nothing personal Lif, I just enjoy arguing. I debate myself for
entertainment at times.  As I recall, the horse that fell down, hung
upside down in a tree awhile etc. was rescued by outsiders. The rider
stayed with the horse, the cavalry came, brought water, mashes, and cut a
trail up the hill for him.  Certainly wasn't the rider running back and
forth doing it all.  I think the problem is that at most rides, it would
be a big deal, word would get out, crew would head out, etc. At a ride
like Tevis it seems that so much would be going on, people there from all
over, fewer know each other...they're involved in a very important
race...etc. Sounds like the Tev Sweep org. would be who you'd want, not a
helicoptor pilot.  Finding the horse, seeing if you can help him,
stabilize his condition, get water to him, sweep snakes out from between
his legs, that would come first, and that's who I'd want access to.

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.