Re: RC: Dead/Alive -TEVIS RESCUE Part 2

> It isn't always practical to have an ambulance standing by at every
> ride.

This reminds me of the first time I managed the Tennessee ride in Tellico
Plains.  We had a 50 mile loop in Deliverance Country and there was a
little roadside picnic area where we had a VC where a drunk used to like
to shoot his rifle and act a little threatening at times. We'd actually
even had a couple of drunks get between our vet and his truck late at
night and get threatening.  So, before the next race I called the police
at Tellico Plains to see if maybe at the next ride we could get an
officer to come hang out at the check.  The person on the other end of
the line sort of hem hawed around and said they weren't sure they could
spare one.  Finally I got it out of her that they only had TWO officers
in the whole town and they couldn't afford to give up 1/2 the force. >g<

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagh.