Re: RC: Re: helmet infomation (a bit long)

THANK YOU ABBY!  I knew there was some reason besides the obvious (I like the
bubblehead look, worried about catastrophic accidents) that I insist on
wearing a helmet every time, every ride and sometimes even when groundworking
a horse I don't know.  Your story is really sad and touching, and I certainly
feel for you, having to see your mother in that state.  I insist that people
who go out riding with me wear helmets too.  I have an extra one, and just
hand it to them and say "Here, see if you can make this fit"  So far no one
has refused, even the gal I now board with, who mainly shows western pleasure
and thinks she "should" but doesn't.  I just tell them that I'd hate to have
to stop and take them to the emergency room in the middle of our ride.  I
also use the quote that was on ridecamp a while back  "If you think your
hairdo is more important than your brains, you're probably right."  jeri