Re: Funny Trail Story & Safety Info.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bonita Young" <corky@rabbitbrush.com>
To: <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 7:45 AM
Subject: RC: Funny Trail Story

These are not just nature buffs (pun intended) walking around naked, they
are exhibitionist
> Corky Young
> now happily residing in Nevada's outback

Just remember........In California, its not against the law to be naked in
public (City and County laws may be more stringent).  Its a misdemeanor at
best (unless there are priors and then that's a whole 'nuther story) and
even then a VICTIM must be willing to place the subject under citizen's
arrest.  Now, if the person is exposing his/her person for the sexual
gratification/arousal of him/herself or another it becomes a crime that's a
little easier to prosecute..

We have people who like to get back to nature by walking around naked in our
municipal park.  Then we have the perverts who sit out in the open
masturbating while watching women joggers.  I decoyed, chased, caught, and
arrested one a couple of years ago.  He started out watching folks from
inside his house, then moved to his car, then to hiding in bushes, and then
to sitting on a bench out in the open in the park.

My point here......finally........if you see someone exposing themself in a
public place (and some private situations), no matter how innocent it may
seem, report it to the law enforcement agency having jurisiction over the
area.  Give them the best discription you can and provide your name,
address, etc. in case they need to contact you again.  Too many times we
brush things off, or think someone else will do it, or even just laugh about
what we see.  These folks are predators and like an addict that moves up to
more powerful drugs, they need a more powerful "fix" by getting more brazen
or even committing body crimes.

Just a warning and advice..........e-mail privately for more advice/info.
10+ years of law enforcement & custodial experience.  Happy, Safe, Trails.

Abigail Madden, Rosko, & Tiger
barbrnch@inreach.com