Re: Fracture of coffin bone

Deb, I am sorry to hear of this.  Here are a few suggestions, take them or
leave them. :-)

- There are bulletin boards on http://www.horseshoes.com, and you can ask
about the injury up there, too.  There is a vet from that site following my
horse's injury out of his own kindness, and he has made some very useful
suggestions about things to talk with my vets about.  There may already be
lots of info about this on the site.

- Read about all the treatment strategies you can, watch your horse
carefully, and don't be afraid to ask your vet questions or to get a
different vet if you think their course of action is not the best one.

- Find out who the best leg vet is in your area and at least take the
radiographs to her or him for discussion and evaluation.  Don't be afraid to
tell your regular vet you are going, they understand when you are worried
sick about your horse.  My vet was very understanding, and we are going to
do some work today based on vet #2's input.

I hope your mare heals up sound for you...

m (aka Michelle Rowe), CO