Re: RC: joint growth on babies

Actually I do want the breeders' input.  There's nothing my friend can do
about the horses except try to give them the best care she can, and maybe
educate this guy (who knows it ALL!)  So far she is responsible for getting a
two-year old (who is nothing special) gelded, and a trip to the vet to
evaluate a club foot that might need check ligament surgery for another two
year old.  This year's babies are getting NW Supplement because she is buying
it.  I try to tell her that she will get nothing in return for her extra care
but she can't stand to see horses treated with such neglect, and just bills
the guy for stuff.  Don't know that she will get paid...  She also halter
broke the two year old (now) gelding, and the guy wonders why that one is so
good and the other two year olds fight and rear and can't be lead.  He
actually thinks it was gelding him that did the trick.

Truly we do want advice on whether this knobby joint thing is a problem or
just a typical growth stage.  It's the HORSES we care about.  Maybe nothing
will change, but maybe this guy will come home and realize there's more to
breeding horses than putting a mare and stallion together.  Any advice to
help her out so she can get a vet if necessary would be great.  Realize you
can't tell from a description on the net, but if people who have had lots of
foals haven't  seen this type of thing, we will be looking for a vet visit.
Help!   jeri