Re: RC: Funny Trail Story

>I was on an NATRC ride in Sunland and trotting up the wash. There was a lot
>of water flowing down the wash and up ahead I saw a very old man from the
>rear. He was in the water and I could not figure out what he had on. Well he
>had on pants, but they were down around his knees and he was yelling at all
>the horses going by. He had an empty milk carton and he was trying to scoop
>up horse poop. He said we were polluting the planet. I don't know why his
>pants were down around his knees but from the looks of his tan, he wore them
>there a lot.
>
>Bonnie
>So. Calif.

Well, as long as we're sharing -- I was doing the final trail and point
marking for the Sage Hill NATRC ride about 7 years ago, using my truck to
go up Camuesa OHV road out of Upper Oso campground (Los Padres NF) when my
assistant and I found our way blocked by about 8 mountain bikers diligently
peddling up the very steep, rocky,  and narrow road.  There was no place
they could pull off and it wouldn't be polite to expect them to lose
momentum by yielding the road to us anyway, so I just slowed down and crept
along behind them.  They had on their colorful biker jersys and black lycra
shorts.  Except for one guy -- "Hey Brad -- I didn't know they made shorts
in beige!  Do they make them in any other neat colors?"  Brad, also a
mountain biker, replied,  with tears of sympathetic pain in his eyes, "He's
not wearing beige shorts."  Oh. <g>  We had to stop to  put up some ribbons
which gave the guys a chance to pull ahead and around a bend and when we
caught up they were all sprawled by the side of the road taking a break --
*all* wearing black shorts.  We waved (and grinned) and they waved --
looked like some college types, probably carrying out some dare or hazing!
I bet it hurt.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky