Re: sun burn

<< In a message dated 08/06/2000 12:20:38 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net writes:

 << My mare has a white strip that has gotten sunburned around her nostrils.
  have used zinc oxide with moderate success.  Does anyone have a better
  solution???? >>

 I have a mare that is terribly photosensitive. She has a big white blaze
(well used to be white, now it's bare). I have tried literally everything.
What works best for me is to keep it totally covered with a cloth sewn to a
fly mask. She won't keep zinc oxide on her nose. She rubs it off and takes
skin with it. I use a factor 30 sun screen when I use her. Mary Kay brand.
The Mary Kay salesman thinks I'm pretty strange as that's the only product
she can talk me into:) It's thick and works well without being greasy. Could
keep her under cover at all times during the day, but she hates it. What she
needs is a big hat.
 Deb