Re: RC: Re: AERC National Championships

otdumas@color-country.net writes:

<< The lack of success with the AERC National Ride, not "champion" per se, but
 a true one time great ride that CAN BE equal to the Tevis... is lack of
 consistency. >>

I respectfully disagree.  The FEI continental and world championships do not
lack for nominees, and those who get nominated GO.  And these are "one-time"
events that move all over the place.

The bottom line is that the sort of "championship" that we have now only
appeals to a very small and vocal segment of our membership.  A great many of
the people who "qualified" did so at rides that they were going to anyway, in
order to earn points toward year-end awards that have more meaning to them.

Heidi