Re: RC: Re: AERC National Championships

At 04:26 PM 08/03/2000 -0400, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:

>The bottom line is that the sort of "championship" that we have now only
>appeals to a very small and vocal segment of our membership.

I wonder, has anybody done any analysis of the makeup of riders that have
entered this years (and last) NC ride?

And also figured out demographics to see where they expect to draw the
riders from.  Obviously, some regions have more 100 mile riders than others.

I did pull stats on all the regions 100 milers for the last 4 or 5 years to
see how many entries they get (for Susan G).  There is a considerable
difference between rides and regions, and this sort of information really
should be analyzed.

Here's a stupid question:  If 259 riders entered Tevis 2 1/2 weeks ago, how
many 100 milers are left to do the NC ride.  Answer:  Not very
many!!!!!!   {how many 100 mile riders ARE there anyhow????}

What can the AERC do to encourage more riders to try riding 100's?

k (still working on the Tevis stats......almost done)