Colfax Coal Rush Ride

HI, am late getting this out but just wanted everyone to know what a great ride
Sue and Ralph Romero put on in New Mexico!!  The Colfax Coal Rush Ride this
year was a two day ride with 50 miles each day.  They also had a 17 mile fun
ride and a 25 ld ride on Sat. and had about 140 riders on Sat. overall.  Good
going jeep roads and gradual climbs with scenic views everywhere!!  Lots of
wildlife and plenty of grass and water for the horses on trail.  The trail was
well marked and easy to follow.  Several of my friends from OCER were there and
we all had a great time.  Really nice awards and a nice meal after the ride
topped off each day.  I had a neat experience the Mon. after the ride of coming
up on the huge elk herd.   Was really something to see and hear 100 head of elk
crashing uphill through the timber.  Luckily my horse just froze and I lived to
tell about it.  HA!  The ride was held at the NRA Whittington Center and was on
private land.  What a nice group to let us have a ride there.  Thanks to Sue
and Ralph and their helpers.  We'll be back next year!! Wish I had written
down the results from each day so I could give credit to all my friends who did
well on the ride.  I do remember my friend, Susie Jones, won BC the 2nd day.
As usual I rode conservative and just enjoyed the scenery and my horse looked
great after both days and the trip home.  My backup horse gained too much
weight standing around in camp though.  Happy Trails,  Kathy