Re: RC: posting trot

> I'm new to endurance and I've done 2 25 milers. I seem to be having > a
problem posting to the very fast trot without bouncing all over my
horses back. He's small but has a fast springy trot.

Shorten your stirrups!  I ride a short horse with a huge trot.  When
we're in competition I ride with my stirrups a good inch shorter than I'd
ever dare ride with them at home and they're perfect.  When he hits that
BIG trot, I've got to spend more time in the air, with them normal length
I just can't get out of the saddle far enough.  I always adjust mine the
night before the race.  He's pumped enough that night to do the BIG trot
and I can get them right.

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.