Re: RC: Re: FYI

In a message dated 7/26/00 8:39:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Tivers@aol.com
writes:

<< Well, my hypothesis, drawn up with the help of Jim Autio, is that the
 endurance horse will rely considerably on intramuscular triglycerides during
 a race. Furthermore, if you train on a carb-based diet--train hard and
 long--you will have the body crying out for IMTGs and learning how to store
 and burn them efficiently. Then, as you come into the first big race of the
 season and begin your taper, you load fat (high fat diet) for 30 days and
 fill that IMTG tank. Then for a few days you carbo-load, topping off the
 glycogen and creatine phosphate tanks. Then, during the race, you supplement
 with carbs--putting the icing on the IMTG cake. That's the way human
distance
 athletes are doing it these days.

 ti

OK, so what would meet the 'carb-based diet' requirement ? The carbo-loading
before and carbs during the ride would be your GL? The Enduroevent I feed at
10% fat sounds like it would load fat. Or are we talking alot higher(like
adding rice bran)?

                                         Shelly in DE