Re: thin horses

> Back in around...um, 1990 Vali HiFayzera (sp?) was I believe the National
> 100 Mile Champion.  A friend of mine referred to her as "Vali Emphazema"
> because she was so skinny.  Looked *mighty* thin, but could fly for 100
> miles looking happy as a clown.  If I recall correctly, she was either in
> the lead or close to it at about the 130 mile mark of the 2 day 150 ROC
> in Kentucky when she was pulled for lameness.  So, at least *one*
> snowball made it through hell. >g<
>
> Angie

Yes, there was one thin horse I saw at Tevis that I predicted wouldn't make
it, and did, even finished fairly high (top twenty or so).  But of the other
three dozen or so horses that I predicted wouldn't finish, I was right
something like 93% of the time.  Seems to me Tevis is hard enough without
having to buck those odds.

Susan G