Re: RC: thin horses

> At my last ride there was an EXTREMELY thin horse who was
> in the top ten and got BC for the 25 mile ride. Wouldn't
> getting BC encourage this same rider to up that distance on
> that horse, potentially putting that horse at risk?

Back in around...um, 1990 Vali HiFayzera (sp?) was I believe the National
100 Mile Champion.  A friend of mine referred to her as "Vali Emphazema"
because she was so skinny.  Looked *mighty* thin, but could fly for 100
miles looking happy as a clown.  If I recall correctly, she was either in
the lead or close to it at about the 130 mile mark of the 2 day 150 ROC
in Kentucky when she was pulled for lameness.  So, at least *one*
snowball made it through hell. >g<

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.