FOUNDER and ABCESSES Need Opinions..

debbie zanot darkcat5@yahoo.com
My farrier was telling me about this Arabian Farm
he shoes for that all the horses except (key) the 2
stallions that are in the barn have cronic founder and
awful abcesses. He asked me what I thought and the only
thing I could think of is something toxic maybe in the pasture
where the other horses are..but why the abcesses?? Does that
go hand in hand with founder?
This farm is in north western PA where the grass grows green
and lush and these horses aren't used, mainly brood mares.
There are NO equine vets in the area that they can consult
and these poor people are at their wits end.
So I thought I would tap into the vast resource of Ride Camp.
So come on...post those opinions.