Ride Managing Hints

Managed my first ride this year.  Water was a very big issue, for both
VOLUNTEERS and Horse/Rider teams.....I made the mistake of not supplying
enough water for the volunteers and it was HOT....boy, did I feel stupid!
(You can only drink so many juice boxes).  Volunteers are the heart of the
ride once the ride begins....take very good care of them, and they will do
their job better.  I FEEL THE PRIZES SHOULD GO TO THE VOLUNTEERS!

Providing dinner for all of the riders, volunteers and Vet's was very
stressful and expensive....I had approx. 80 pre-registered, but had another
60 riders show up on Friday.  Food at the last minute becomes very expensive!
 My personality is such that I was going to provide food for everyone...even
if it killed me...(my husband almost did when he saw the bill!)  I am still
unsure how to handle this issue.

Next year I will concentrate on more rewards for the volunteers..they truly
are the heartbeat of the ride.

Bonnie Miller
Flagstaff-Cinders Ride