mules

do any of you have any experience with mules in endurance riding?  I have
always liked them (I would love an appaloosa mule, he'd stand out!) and was
wondering what types of crosses with donkeys you have to have in order to
have a good mule.  by that I mean what breed of horse crossed with a donkey.
I know of Ruby, the mule who won the Haggin cup at Tevis '98 and I know there
is that Frank Bennet guy that I have heard of who is called the "mule man"
but they could have just gotten lucky and had some good mules.
Also, do any of you ride horses in endurance that aren't arab or arab cross?
How well do they do.  Also, how many lifetime miles do ya'll have?  :)
Thanks for typing,
*Renee, who still doesn't know what she is going to do with her life at the
ripe old age of 17! :)