LUMP ON BACK

Hello all, i have a question. i just pulled my 15 year old horse out of the
pasture today to check on him. I check all the horses every weekend. Any way
i haven't been riding him lately, but he has a lump on the near side of his
back just behind the withers. there are no marks like he was bit or pawed.
He is Boss Hoss in the herd of 4. The lump does not seem to be sore or hurt
him any, but he is a really laidback horse that does not show much unless it
really really hurt.  So any suggestions on this? I dont know what it is from
, and cant be a saddle fit problem if he hasnt been ridden. so Im out of
ideas.

Anna and Keith and all our critters in New Mexico
(horses) Hobo(the old man) Shy Ann (the Mule)
Lizzy (momma) and Lightning (baby)
(Basenjis) Lady Queen of the house, and
her two sons George and Iceman and finally
Lilly (the prairie dog)
visit my website at
http://www.shyann.friendpages.com
or at