Re: RC: Call Me Nosey

In a message dated 01/21/2000 1:02:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
SandyDSA@aol.com writes:

<< I just was wondering...how many Californians are going to the Convention?
Do
 you consider it a LUXURY or something really beneficial, or....think, think
 so I can get the time off AND convince the spouse! >>

It's a wonderful experience!  Very informative speakers, lots of contact with
other riders from all over the country, absolutely fabulous trade show, and
the convention really jump starts your endurance year.  You'll go home all
pumped up with ideas of how to ride better, feed and condition your horse
better.  I've never missed a convention since I don't know when.  (But then I
must be there to attend board meetings).  I would consider it highly
beneficial, not just a luxury.  And probably lots of Californians will be
going.  I don't know the percentage, but the fact that the site is so close
for us the percentage will be high.  It's complicated and expensive for
riders in the east to come here, but they do come.  Many arilines do not fly
into Reno without a connection into another hub, so someone from Iowa, for
example, has to fly into San Francisco, then transfer to Reno. That's what I
mean by complicated.

Barbara