Re: RC: horse jobs

If you want to work with horses you probably won't get rich but the following
is a list of possible jobs you can get with horses.  Some require more
training that others and some you learn along the way.
1.  groom & or exercise rider for hunt club, racing stable, polo team,
jumping stable...
2. farrier
3. jockey
4. vet
5. vet teck
6. circus horse trainer
7. stable manager
8. handicapped riding instructor
9. work on a stud farm
10. children's riding instructor
11. horse trainer
12. barn and stable cleaner
etc.
The easiest place to start is as a groom for a good stable or as an exercise
rider.  Volunteer to help a good horse vet.  The more training you get the
more you will be able to do.  Don't rule out college or university.  There
are some colleges that specialize in training people to work with horses.  I
know there is one in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, another in Ohio.  I am sure
there are many more.  Check with your
guidance counselor.  Good luck in your horse career.