Re: RC: Weight Divisions Points

In a message dated 1/21/00 5:26:36 PM Mountain Standard Time,
kmathews@sierra.net writes:

<< 1.  BOD to redefine National/Regional Awards Program.   Make it so a
 person/horse can accummulate points in the region the ride is held.  If
 you ride in the West, you get West points.  If you ride in the SW, you
 getSW point, etc.  It is possible a single horse/rider team could end up
 with 150 pts in the W or 200 pts in the SW, or whatever.  It really
 wouldn't matter how it was calculated as long as it was consistent.
 These points would not count towards a National Award. >>

I don't agree with you on this one.  I live in the mountain region, but ride
in the central, and sw regions.  That would split my points between three
different regions, and if I go to Canada or Virginia they would be split even
further.

The overall points are the ones that count towards the National Awards and
that is the way it should be.  Your regional points do not count towards them
now.

Nothing is perfect, but I think that the way the points are handled now
should stay they way they are.  It is easier for an individual to figure out
their own points and keep track of them.

FEI rides are not always Championship rides.  It is too bad that it costs
more money to hold a FEI ride than a regular AERC ride, we could use more of
them in the US.

No matter what happens to the points, I will still be there riding.

Debi Sanger
Colorado