RC: Re: Stallion behavior

I'm sorry, I got carried away and didn't answer the question.

Abigail Madden wrote:
>Primally, one of the stallion's actions is to challenge other stallions for
>the right to be head honcho in charge of the herd.

Simply , the answer is not to try to act like a stallion challenging your
stallion for the right to be head honcho.  Don't use the signals that a
challenging stallion uses.  Don't go for the legs.  Don't use pain.  Don't
fight.  Don't be aggressive.  Don't respond to adrenaline.  Use brain
cells, not hormones.

There is so much literature out there about this - and not just about
horses!  Provoke a confrontation & you get agression back.  This is not new
news!  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand   STRAND ENTERPRISES   http://www.fasterhorses.com
   Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
Internet Research * WebArt * Fine Art
Nutrition and alternatives for self-reliant people
Quemado, NM  USA