RC: Halter Classes/Abuse

Okay, so this is not even remotely related to endurance, but I can't
help but share my story.  I can't say anything about the Arab shows,
but I can attest that sometimes the best horse wins.

     My Appaloosa and I won against some "big boys" on our local show
     circuit.  Okay, I know that it isn't a big, name recognized, national
     show, but the competition around here for the halter classes is fierce
     - the state show is considered pretty big stuff in these parts and you
     have to win the locals to go to state.

     Anyway, I was up against horses who were clipped, greased, hooves
     shined and polished all over.  I did give Zane's "mohawk" a trim, he
     got a bath with Quick Color shampoo, his tail was brushed out, but
     other than that I did nada.  Even with two huge bite marks on one
     side, we won the class.

     What killed me was all of the grumbling I heard from the owners of the
     other horses after the show.  What made it all worth it was a little
     girl deciding to enter her pony in the next halter class because the
     "fuzzy horse won."  :)

     Kenzie & Zane (fuzzy wuzzy)
     Birmingham, AL
     http://kenzie_k.tripod.com/zane.html