RC: Down and Dirty

Ugh!  Just came in from 10 degrees and poop-flinging here in the
near-coldest point in the mid-atlantic or NE!!!!  Three horses in barn =
not bad warmth-wise while working hard.  My dad calls this place
Wuthering Depths..... I call it Cold Turkey!  Okay, time to relate to
ridecamp.. checking in with y'all.  I KNOW you're all warmer and cozier
than me, right?

Okay, all this talk about synthetic materials and flexibility.  Now hear
this!  I am in LOVE with my new rubber boots --- they're called "Muck" -
the writing on the boots says Muck Boot Company, and under that "Hoser" -
they are the rubber material used by deep sea divers - is that the same
thing that you've all been talking about?  Neoprine I think.  Very
flexible, light, knee high, waterproof (walk into my stream to get my
horses' water buckets filled), warm with only one pair of socks on, and
good support!  Not like those rock-hard rubber barn boots that I've been
using for years!  Got these at my local feed store.  They say they've
sold like crazy and people are nuts about them.  About $45.00/pair.  I
think they should become the politically-correct boot to wear to town and
the barn in the winter!  Hey - those clunky old high heel shoes are back,
why not these?

Now, I've got to gird my loin (or whatever they say) to go work on
massaging 4 horses at the farm down the road.  It's up to a toasty 20
degrees.  Think I'll wear those boots and hope I don't get stomped on -
they're not exactly steel toe!  Wish me luck handling the elements!  Same
to all of you northerners!
Karen in PA

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.