Re: RC: RE: Re: Re: Horses requiring vet care at Tevis

In a message dated 7/22/00 7:43:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

<< There is no
 provision for the treatment of horses with in the AERC Rules and
 Regulations. >>

While there is no "provision" or requirement in the rules that we provide
treatment for horses requiring same, there are certainly multiple inferences
that treatment will be available.  I'd suggest you read Rule 2.1.2, which
differentiates between control veterinarians and "treatment" veterinarians
(ie, clearly the latter exist at rides), and Rule 2.1.8 which requires
reporting of treatments to AERC--something that clearly would not be
necessary if we were not involved with the treatment of horses.

Heidi