Re: RC: RE: Need information, please

Hi Bob
Almost all of my sale horses go out of state and never had a complaint.
One buyer bought one for his wife as a surprise and guess what! He was
surprised when she would not give up her Tennessee Walker. So I traded
him for another of mine for his backup.
The secret is to do a REALLY GOOD video and show the horse at his
WORST--- I will bring a horse in from pasture, unkempt and film the
grooming and trimming and first ride after his/her pasture vacation if
the horse is going to a neophyte. If the buyer is horse wise, I can
dispense with that and get right down to the free lunge, hand walk and
being ridden (if broken to ride) so there are no surprises when the
horse unloads. I also have volunteered to video the pre purchase exam.
I've had people say to me that the horse fulfilled MORE than their
expectations--- never less. I want all my clients to be happy and so far
so good.
Hal has get from VA/FL to MO/IL to WA etc. One client paid $10,000 for
one of my best fillies just based on my video. My heart was in my mouth
when she came down to see her 4 months later--- she said the video
didn't do her justice (you cannot capture the "spirit" of the horse no
matter how hard you try). Her decision was validated when a many times
world champion said that she was one of the best endurance horses she
has worked with-- comparable to her champion horse.
People just need to find a breeder who is known for integrity and not
afraid to give references and VIDEO, VIDEO, VIDEO! A picture says
more.....
Remember when you travel to see a horse, nine times out of ten the owner
has worked that horse to death the day before or morning of the
tryout--- now that is really buying blind to me. INTEGRITY is the key
and whether clients are happy with their purchases. I have only had 2
exchanges (one I mentioned and the other was, I believe
financial/alimony problems) and took both back and even traded for the
one (the other had not been paid for--- little lesson I learned).
Local talent may be fine; sometimes what you are looking for is beyond
the local backyard breeders. Caution is the key--- whether you are
looking locally or across country. I have 2 horses (sight unseen by
their new owner as yet except for videos) who are on their way to Hawaii
in a month-- they'd better learn to like POI <bg>
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov