Re: RC: Re: Feeding During an Endurance Ride

I don't think my, or rather Roo's, diet is lysine deficient, but since the NRH
book says 40 day growth bermudagrass hay has NO lysine, it could be.

I assumed that lysine went up when protein went up, so that 40 day growth
bermuda grass hay has more protein, and thus more lysine than 20 day growth hay.
If my assumption is right, then I have enough lysine.  If the book is right and
the hay has no lysine, then I'm seriously deficient.

Can you reccommend any good books on these subject that are not so complicated
that I need to head back to college to understand, but deep enough to contain
useable information?

-Tamara

"Susan Garlinghouse" <suendavid@worldnet.att.net> on 07/21/2000 06:41:14 PM

Please respond to "Susan Garlinghouse" <suendavid@worldnet.att.net>