Re: RC: Tevis

> Now I know why I was pulled at Robbison those darn porty potys were
full I> knew I should of used that tree.

You're a guy, you have that luxury of standing with your back to a crowd
and pretending to look at something in the distance.  I have no comment
on Tevis, since I wasn't there, but if someone were trying to say they
felt ride management cut corners by not planning for those who show up
late, a comment about insufficient portos is pertinent (more evidence of
cutting corners).  Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in a "full to
the rim porto">gag<  that's why I only compete in areas of the country
with plenty of underbrush.  Vegetation is pretty scarce out there isn't
it?

At my ride I tried to put out tons of water.  The front runners praised
me heavily at the awards for the ample water. But I overheard the woman
who came in dead last comment that all the buckets I put out along the
brow were empty and that's what slowed her down.  Well...when I went to
take the buckets in most were empty.  A couple weren't. There definitely
wasn't as much water as I would have wanted if I'd been riding (and I'd
say it was less than 3 miles between sources). She'd exaggerated some but
she was right that I hadn't gotten enough out for the last place horse to
have access to as much as the first place horses.  Next year, I'll send
out a crew to replenish.

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.