Re: RC: Re: Tevis - Slower riders

DreamWeaver wrote:

> snip...
>
> Doesn't anybody realize that horses that complete high mileage (as in, over
> 1000 miles a season) are often doing rides, even 100's fairly close
> together.  How do you think that mileage adds up?  You don't get there by
> doing a ride a month.
>
> Karen

Hi all,

even here in underdeveloped Europe we had horses (and riders) which are able to
do more than one ride a month.
In 1995 a german rider won 4 100-mile-rides within 9 weeks on the same horse
plus he finished the European Championship (100 miles ride, too) two weeks later
on a 14th place. This are 5 consecutive 100-mile rides within 11 weeks on a
sound horse. He dominated the German as well as the European Trophy for four
years until he retired the horse at the age of 18. This horse is still running,
but no longer than 50 miles (he had promised this to the horse!).

Wolfgang
Germany