Re: RC: Tevis, slower riders, some random thoughts

In a message dated 7/20/00 12:24:56 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< This is a sport based a huge amount on volunteers.  >>

I MUST say, the volunteers at Tevis were absolutely phenomenol.  I have never
seen complete strangers so concerned with the horse and riders!
Leslie at Deadwood comes to mind...and so many, many others along the way.
    I had no crew at Robinson and some folks from Oregon took my horse and
told me to go sit in the shade while they tended to my Ranger and me.
    Then they told me to tack up and get the hell outta there.
    Loved it.

    Frank.