Re: RC: FOLLOW-UP ON THE MAGGIE-EATING DOGS

Holy Cow!  You have your hands full with this one.  It is never desirable
to start a Hatfield-McCoy thing with your neighbors if there is any
reasonable way to prevent it.

You are as right as rain in this situation, but you know what they say, A
MAN (or woman) CONVINCED AGAINST HIS WILL IS OF THE SAME OPINION STILL.

You've clearly communicated your point with this woman.  Maybe you can
find a way to neutralize the situation, express sympathy for their loss,
and let everyone save face for now, with the hopes that she will respond
in kind to your well-justified concerns for everyone else's future
safety.

I had a similar experience in my own arena at home.  I was with 3 loose
fillies at the far end of the arena when the neighbor's doberman leaped
over the fence and charged us.  All 4 of us spooked and ran like h***,
with the fillies leaving me well behind in their dust.  I realized that I
would be dropped like common prey if I kept running, so I stopped, spun
about, and charged back at the dobie, waving my arms, stomping, and
screaming like a blood-thirsty tooth-bearing vampire.  Unbelievably, the
dobie retreated back over the fence.

My fillies were very impressed.  My neighbor got rid of the dog the next
day.

Pat