Re: Re: Re: Re: uh-oh, Insulted Farrier

> I am not against smacking the horse with a hand when it helps.  How about
> with a rasp?  In either case, if it makes the horse progressively more
> resistant to the farrier, doesn't that mean it's best to find a better way
> before there is a REAL problem horse?

Absolutely.

> I found out for myself my
> horse does best with copious rewarding.

Most do.  As a farrier, though, I can't tell what he's doing.  All I know is
it hurts, and I also can't tell the handler what to do to make him better.
As a farrier, I can only tell when he's *about* to do something, which is
when I, as a handler, would react to prevent it.  I don't believe anyone
should expect the farrier to discipline the horse, that's the handler's job.
Unfortunately, it's hard to train a new handler for every horse you do!

-Abby B